Thursday, June 22, 2017

Slow Burn


Slow Burn (words and music by Lisa Torch)


                Verse 1
Doing a slow burn for your love
Some kind of connection with the heavens above
Can you hear me now - can you hear me crying?
Making up dreams, you’re not real enough
Playing them over and over
Baby can you see me now - can’t you see that I’m not lying?
                Pre Chorus
And I’ve never felt this way
When there are no more words I can say
                Chorus

And no matter where I turn
I feel your slow, slow burn

                Verse 2
Staring out windows in touch with your light
Wondering what you could be doing tonight
Am I a part of your world - are you dreaming of me?
A little bit of magic whenever we touch
A look in your eyes that says too much
You know I feel the same - But could you really love me?
                Repeat Pre-Chorus and Chorus

                Bridge
I walked along the water and I drank it from my hands
Wished I was alone with you on pale enchanted sand
Dreamed the fire in your eyes was burning just for me
I’m haunted by your every touch and I fall too easily

                Repeat Pre-Chorus and Chorus

No comments: