Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Next Decade Punch List

As I approach a milestone birthday, thoughts turn to what I accomplished during the last decade, and what I hope to accomplish in the next. Herewith, my punch lists for both.

1999-2009: This was a decade of many ups and downs. The highs were exhilarating, and the lows were devastating. However, I must give proper respect to those events, happenings and accomplishments that marked this extraordinary decade.

:: While the financial highs in no way matched those of the previous decade, there were still some very rich times.

:: I learned to drive, got my license, and other than highways, I pretty much go anywhere, any time.

:: Despite all evidence to the contrary, I have kept my own company afloat for 10 years.

:: Despite all indications to the contrary, I stayed in the same apartment for 10 years.

:: I have kept my word to provide Alan the best care I can and to continually help him to try to get well.

:: I have conquered many fears and accomplished business challenges I never thought I could handle.

:: I have very little debt, and have brought back into control the little that I do have.

:: I have made great strides in patience, tolerance and positivity.


IN THE NEXT DECADE - 2009-2019 I plan to:

:: Achieve a higher spiritual state

:: Achieve my financial "comfort" zone

:: Achieve my happiness zone

:: Overcome fear of driving highways

:: Learn to windsurf, jet ski and possibly buy a small sailcraft.

:: Spend more time in Siesta Key.

:: Get and stay in my best shape ever.

I am sure these will be added to, modified and edited as time goes on, but its a starting point. Excelsior!

1 comment:

Holly Olinger said...

Great lists. Sounds like take stock of things is actually therapeutic for you.